Pear Blossom Frame Tutorial
Welcome to the first tutorial I have ever written. It must have been in October 1999 or 2000
- so please bear with me :-)
For this tutorial you need:
Unzip the plugin in your PSP plugin folder.
Pear blossom tree, below.
Pear blossom tree
the Golden PSP Rule: Save your work often! -
1. Open the pear blossom image in Paint Shop Pro.
2. Go to Window - Duplicate and close your original image. We will work with the duplicated image (Image 1).
3. Go to Layers - promote to layer.
Set background color in light color from your image with the dropper
9. Go to: Effects - 3D Effects: Cutout - Horizontal and Vertical = 0 Opacity=100 Blur=11 - Fill interior with color unchecked. Use black for your shadow color.
Selections - invert.
Go to: Effects: 3D Effects: inner bevel. Under presets, click on the down arrow
and choose the Metallic preset. Use the default
15. Go to: Selections - Invert
Go to: Selections
Effects - 3D
Effects: inner bevel. Under presets, click on the down arrow and choose the Round preset.
Use the default settings. Press OK.
19. Reverse your background and foreground color by pressing the little arrow, so that your background color is White (#FFFFFF).
Save your work
20. Go to Image - add
borders and add a symmetric border of 25 pixels
21. Select your white border with the Magic Wand - Same settings.
Go to: Effects: Andrew 14 - Random Rough Edges, default settings. Deselect.
Go to Image - add borders and add a symmetric border of 15 pixels.
26. Go to: Effects - Plug ins: Andrews 14: Random flight. Use the default settings and press OK.
27. Go to: Selections - Invert
28. Go to: Effects - 3D Effects: Cutout - Horizontal and Vertical = 0 Opacity=100 Blur=11 - Fill interior with color unchecked. Shadow color Black.
29. Selections - Select none.
Save your work
30. Go to: Layers - Add a new layer.
31. Click on your picture
tube tool and look for your 'blossom' tube. Settings Scale: 50 - Step 200.
Apply. Use your mover tool to position your tube in the right hand corner
of your frame - as shown on the image below:
32. Click on the layer palette. Select Layer 1. Duplicate.
33. Select Copy of Layer 1 - go to: Image - Flip
Turn off the visibility of your background layer (see image/red cross)
35. Keep the copy of layer 1 selected. Right click - select: Merge Visible
36. Right click on the 'merged layer' - select: Duplicate
37. On the layer palette, make sure Copy of Merged is selected.
38. Image - Mirror
39. On your layer palette make your background layer visible again, by clicking on the red X.
40. On the layer palette:
Merge All - Flatten
you for doing my tutorial. Hope you liked it!